Do you have any plans to upgrade to the newest iPhone model in 2023 and replace your current one? Although getting a new device can be exciting, the idea of transferring all of your data from your old iPhone to the new one can feel daunting. If you're not very tech-savvy, it can be difficult to determine which approach to take because there are so many to choose from.
However, you don't need to worry; we have you covered. In this blog post, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on simple and secure methods to transfer all your important files from one iPhone to another. From old favorites like iCloud and iTunes to newer technologies like AirDrop and Quick Start, we'll show you how to move files from one iPhone to another without any problems. Our step-by-step guide ensures a hassle-free transfer experience. Alright, let's begin!
Things to Do Before You Transfer Your Data From iPhone to iPhone
Before transferring your data from one iPhone to another, there are a few important steps you should take:
- First, make sure you have a backup of your current device and all of your important data before making the switch to a new one.
- Be prepared with your Apple ID and password. It is necessary to log in to your new device.
- If your old device has a SIM card, move it to your new device. Sometimes, you may receive codes on your sim.
- Before you get rid of your old device, make sure you delete all your data from it. Your iPhone has important personal information, and you want to keep it safe. To wipe your device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Find the General section.
- Select either the Reset option or the Erase All Content and Settings function.
- Enter your Apple ID password to proceed.
Before you erase your device, remember to back up all your data to avoid losing it. Once you delete it, your data is permanently gone. Here is how you can easily start the process of transferring your data from one iPhone to another by following these simple steps.
Check Out: How to Screen Record on an iPhone in 2023
1) Transfer Data on an iPhone via Quick Start.
To transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new one, you can use Apple's Quick Start tool if you have both phones with you. You can use this method in your free time because it might take around an hour. Here's how you can do it in simple steps:
- Please turn on both of your devices.
- Now enable Bluetooth on your older iPhone. Please make sure both devices are connected or have enough battery so they don't turn off while transferring.
- When you use your current iPhone, a screen will pop up asking if you want to use your Apple ID to set up the new device. Click on the "Continue" button.
- When you see the animation on your new iPhone, use your old iPhone's camera to capture it.
- You have to wait for a message regarding the completion of your new iPhone.
- Please enter the passcode for your previous Apple ID on your new iPhone. Next, you can follow the instructions to enable Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When you see the Transfer Data from the iPhone screen, tap Continue to start moving your data from your old device to your new one. You can also choose Other Options to transfer data from your latest iCloud backup or a backup on your computer.
- As we have mentioned before, remember to make a backup of your data on iCloud or a storage device before transferring it, just in case something goes wrong during the transfer.
Check Out: How To Extend Ring Time On iPhone
2) Transfer Data on iPhone via iCloud.
You can use your most recent iCloud backup to move data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Remember to regularly back up your iPhone in case it gets lost or stolen. Your data is securely stored in iCloud, so you can access it whenever you want. Make a copy of your files or data. Backup your iPhone to iCloud. Here's how to save your data to iCloud and move it to your new device.
- To start, make sure you're connected to a trustworthy and safe WiFi network. Before using public WiFi, remember to connect to CyberGhost VPN to protect your data from unauthorized access.
- Go to the Settings app and tap on your name at the top. Then, tap on iCloud.
- Go through your apps and services and choose which ones you want to save on iCloud.
- Next, select iCloud Backup.
- Please tap the "Back Up Now" button. Keep your WiFi connected until the backup finishes.
Here's a helpful tip: Automatic backups are really great! Turn on iCloud Backup, and you won't have to worry about remembering to back up regularly. iCloud backs up your iPhone every day when it's locked, connected to power, and connected to WiFi.
However, if you want to back up your iPhone regularly, you'll need more storage space than the 5GB that comes with your free iCloud account. To upgrade, tap on "Manage Storage." You have the option to pay for either 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB.
Since you've saved a copy of your old device, you can now use iCloud to set up your new device. Please make sure to reset your iPhone if it is not brand new before proceeding with these instructions. Make sure you have a good WiFi connection and access to power. To restore your iPhone using an iCloud backup, turn on your new or recently reset iPhone (or iPad). Next, go online and follow the instructions to select a language and region.
- Select the option for manual setup.
- Tap on "Restore from iCloud Backup" to select it.
- Sign in with your Apple ID for iCloud and select the correct iCloud backup. Now, you need to be patient as the data moves to your new device. Apple's estimate of the time it will take is correct.
3) Transferring Data on iPhone via Windows PC
You have to use iTunes to move the iOS data on your Windows PC. Even though iTunes is no longer available on the latest iOS versions, you can still use this method to sync devices on Windows. To get iTunes on your PC, start by downloading and installing it from the Microsoft Store if you don't already have it. First, connect your old iPhone to your PC using the Lightning cable. You have to back up your data. Now follow these steps:
- Open iTunes and select Summary from the menu on the left. Choose "This Computer" under Backups, and then click on "Back Up Now."
- First, make sure the backup is finished. Then, connect your new phone to a power outlet.
- Turn on your new iPhone and select "Set Up Manually" on the Quick Start page.
- When asked, touch Restore from a Mac or PC.
- Plug in your new iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. You should enter your device passcode or choose to trust this computer.
- Choose your new iPhone from the list that shows up in the Finder window or iTunes on your computer.
- Choose the option to restore a backup.
- Choose the most recent or important backup.
- To initiate the restoration process, kindly click on the "Restore" button and wait patiently until the process is completed.
- Make sure to keep your device connected even after it restarts. Please wait for it to sync with your computer.
4) Transferring Data on iPhone via Mac
Transferring a backup to your new iPhone on a Mac is even easier. If you have a Mac with macOS Catalina or a newer version, you can open the Finder app and choose your iPhone via the sidebar on the left. However, if you have macOS Mojave or an older version, you will have to use iTunes. Please refer to the instructions provided above for users who are using a PC.
- Choose to save all the information from your iPhone to your Mac and then click on the option to back it up immediately.
- Use a Lightning cable to connect your new iPhone to your Mac.
- Turn on your new iPhone and select "Set Up Manually" on the Quick Start page.
- Just do what the screen tells you until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from Mac or PC.
Now, you can relax till the data is completely transferred to your new device.
5) Transfer Data to the iPhone via Settings.
If you have an iPhone with iOS 15, you can use a feature called Prepare for New iPhone from Apple. It allows you to use free iCloud storage for 21 days when switching to a new iPhone. If you don't want to spend extra money to upgrade your iCloud storage plan, then it is a good option. You can use iCloud for free while transitioning. It will make setting up your new iPhone faster. You don't need to have both devices with you. Here's the way you can use this function:
- To access the settings on your current iPhone, open the Settings app and tap on General. Go to the bottom and choose "Transfer" or "Reset iPhone."
- The Prepare for New iPhone feature is about to open. Click on the "Get Started" button.
- After you finish reading, click on Continue.
- For now, that's it! Your apps and data will be transferred to iCloud in the next few hours or days, so they'll be ready for you when your new iPhone arrives.
You can see how the backup is going on the main Settings screen. You can request to extend your free storage from Apple if you require more temporary storage than 21 days.
6) Transfer Data on an iPhone via iTunes.
You can easily transfer all your data, including all your purchased content, from one iPhone to another using iTunes or Finder. This process involves transferring your iTunes to your new iPhone. Note that if your iTunes backup is encrypted, only then will iTunes be able to send your health and activity data. Here's how to move your iTunes data to your new iPhone
- First, switch on your recently purchased iPhone. It would help if you looked at the "Hello" screen. If you've successfully set up the new iPhone, undo the setup before proceeding to the next step.
- Next, continue following the instructions on your screen until you reach the "Apps & Data" screen. Next, choose the option that says "Restore from Mac or PC."
- Connect your new iPhone to the computer you used to back up your old one. To proceed, launch iTunes and then choose your device from the list.
- To restore a backup, simply click on the "Restore Backup" option and select the backup you wish to restore. You can consider the date and size while deciding which backup to restore. If the backup were encrypted, you would need to enter the correct password. Please ensure that you do it.
- Wait patiently for the restore process to finish. Complete the remaining setup tasks on your new iPhone once it finishes.
7) Transfer Data on iPhone via AirDrop.
Use AirDrop to transfer data from one iPhone to another after setup. That is not the best choice because it takes a long time and needs a lot of effort. However, it is still possible to transfer your current data to a new device when necessary. You can transfer lots of different things like documents, photos, contacts, files, apps, and audio files. You should know how to share data between iPhones using AirDrop after setting them up. Follow the steps:
- Hold your iPhones near each other.
- Make sure both iPhones are connected to WiFi and have Bluetooth turned on. Go to the AirDrop settings and select Everyone for 10 Minutes to avoid any problems. To do this, go to the Control Center and press and hold the WiFi icon (or anywhere in the Network section). Then, choose AirDrop and select "Everyone for 10 Minutes".
- Next, choose the photos, apps, files, or contacts that you want to move from one iPhone to another. To share, tap the icon that looks like a box with an arrow, then pick AirDrop, and finally, choose your new iPhone from the list.
- When you get a notification on your new iPhone to AirDrop something, tap Accept, and you're finished. Now, you can repeat the 3 and 4 steps to transfer more data.
8) Use Dr. Fone's Tool ( Best Third Party Software) To Transfer Data on iPhone.
The best way to easily transfer data between devices is to use Dr. Fone's official website to learn about all its great features. This app provides iOS and Android versions that meet all user needs without any compromises. The Dr.Fone toolkit has some great features that make it easy to manage phone data. You can quickly transfer a lot of data with just one click and without losing anything. It's easy to use, and the interface is simple. Even someone new to using the app can learn how to use it like a pro with the help of the tutorial resources that are already included. You can follow the provided instructions on how to transfer data between two iPhones efficiently:
- To get started, install the app on your computer. Then, connect your source and destination devices via a good USB cable.
- Make sure the old iPhone is in the original place and put the new iPhone in the new place. If you disagree with any positions, click the flip option to switch their places.
- To begin transferring data, select the items you want from the list, then click the Start Transfer button to start.
- Please wait until the procedure finishes successfully, then disconnect the iPhones from the PC. Take a look at the transferred data on the new iPhone.
- So, you successfully moved the files from your old iPhone to the new iPhone using the Dr.Fone program.
9) Use Mobiletrans Software to Transfer Data From One iPhone to the New iPhone Easily.
MobileTrans-Phone Transfer is a really useful program that lets you easily transfer data and files between iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The interface is easy to use and makes transferring data from one iPhone to the new one hassle-free. Let's discover how to easily transfer data from one iPhone to another using MobileTrans instead of relying on iCloud.
- To start, click on the MobileTrans-Phone Transfer icon to open the application on your computer.
- To find the "Phone Transfer" option, look for it on the interface. Once you've found it, select the Phone to Phone feature.
- Next, use a USB cable to connect both of your iPhones to the computer. After connecting, the program will show the two iPhones as "Source iPhone" and "Destination iPhone." If the two are in the wrong places, click the "Flip" button to put them in the right places.
- Choose the data you want to move to your new iPhone and click Start to begin transferring.
- In just a few minutes, everything will be finished. After that, unplug your iPhones, and you'll be able to see the transferred data on your new iPhone.
Get the Best Refurbished iPhones From Roobotech in Australia.
Are you interested in purchasing a refurbished iPhone that is both high-quality and affordable? Roobotech in Australia is the best option to consider. Roobotech, a well-known retailer in Australia specializing in refurbished Apple products, is excited to present a fantastic range of iPhones at unbeatable prices. Besides refurbished smartphones, you can also check out other Apple products including refurbished Apple smartwatch, refurbished MacBooks, and refurbished iPads.
When you buy a refurbished iPhone from Roobotech, you can have confidence that your device has been extensively tested and checked for quality to ensure it performs just as well as a new phone. Roobotech partners with top-tier suppliers to obtain high-quality components that meet their strict quality standards.
Roobotech not only offers great prices and quality control, but they also provide a comprehensive warranty for all their products. You can feel confident knowing that the retailer who sold you the refurbished iPhone is reliable and will give you peace of mind.
However, it is important to depend on more than just our statement. Roobotech has received many positive reviews from happy customers who are very satisfied with their purchases. Whether you're in search of an older model or the latest release, Roobotech has got you covered. What are you waiting for right now? Improve both your phone and your wallet by selecting a refurbished iPhone from Roobotech.
Now, you can easily move your data from your old iPhone to a new one using Quick Start, iCloud, iTunes, or other methods we mentioned earlier. The great thing about these methods is that you don't have to rely on unreliable third-party software or apps. We have given you authentic apps on which you can rely to transfer your data. Remember to regularly save a copy of your stuff, either on your computer or in the cloud. It's a smart thing to do. Discover how to easily and safely transfer data between two iPhones using this helpful guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer data between iPhones wirelessly?
Yes, you can. If you have two iPhones, the simplest way to transfer your data without using wires is by using Apple's Quick Start tool. Our guide has shown you how to move data from one iPhone to another using just a few simple steps. If you're unable to connect the phones, save your data to iCloud before doing anything else.
How can I move all my data from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?
When you set up your new or recently erased iPhone, you can use Apple's Quick Start tool to do it. It would be best if you had your old iPhone or a backup of it on iCloud or a computer.
Can I move my old iPhone data to my new iPhone using a computer?
Yes, you can easily transfer your old iPhone data to your new iPhone using a computer. To connect your iPhone to a computer, you need the cable that came with your iPhone and a computer with the right port. To back up your data and access it on your new phone, you'll need to have iTunes installed on your PC. To find and back up your iPhone on a Mac, use the Finder window. Then, you can restore the backup to your new device. After transferring your data to your new device, you can use CyberGhost VPN to keep it secure. And now you are good to go.
How can I delete all the data on my old iPhone?
To clear all your iPhone's data, you have to open the Settings app and tap on General. Pick the Reset choice or the Erase All Content and Settings option. A function is a block of code that performs a specific task. Please input your Apple ID password and proceed. Deleting your data may take a few minutes. You'll see the "Hello" screen after your device restarts if the reset works. Welcome back to a fresh start!
How can I move data using a cable from my old phone to my new phone?
To transfer data, you can use a USB cable to connect the two phones. Now activate both phones and open the Smart Switch app on both of your phones. On the new phone, go to Settings and then select Smart Switch. Choose the option to transfer data and then click on the button that says "Continue." Here, you are done with the transfer.
Can I transfer my photos to a new iPhone without using iCloud?
Yes, you can move pictures from one iPhone to another by using iTunes. iTunes is a built-in Apple feature that helps you backup and sync your iPhone data, just like iCloud. To move photos from one iPhone to another using iTunes, you have first to save the pictures from the first iPhone and then sync them to the second iPhone.
What is the easiest way to transfer data on an iPhone?
The easiest way to set up your new phone is by using Quick Start, a method created by Apple. Alternatively, you can also set up your new phone by using an iTunes backup or by transferring files using AirDrop.
How much time does it take to move data from one iPhone to another?
Transferring data from one iPhone to another can take between 10 minutes to an hour or even longer. If you have 64 GB of data, it could take around 10-20 minutes with iTunes or 45 minutes to an hour with iCloud or Quick Start.