Are you also fed up with the Brightness of your iPhone that continuously fluctuates at the wrong times? That is a very common issue that all iPhone users experience. It can annoy you a lot because often you are scrolling up on social media or reading an article, and suddenly your brightness dims. There may be different reasons behind this issue. You may not have set some features properly on your iPhone, or you have to do some settings so that you can solve your brightness problem. The good news is that this is a temporary problem, and there are many manual solutions available that you can use. In this article, we will tell you all the reasons and solutions with the help of which you can solve this problem. Let's get started!
Why Does the Brightness on My iPhone Keep Changing?
iPhone brightness issues are very common among iPhone users. There are many reasons, one of which is that you have set your phone's Brightness according to the time of day or lighting conditions.
a) Hardware Issues
Another problem could be an issue with your hardware, your screen needs to be fixed, or it needs to understand lightning conditions properly, causing it to fluctuate brightness repeatedly. You may also have spilled water on your phone screen, causing it not to work properly.
b) Software Issues
Apart from hardware, software can also cause your phone's screen brightness issues. It is because your phone may have bugs or glitches affecting your brightness.
Methods To Solve iPhone’s Brightness Issues
There are many different methods to solve this issue which we have listed below. You can simply adjust some settings in your phone with the help of this guide so that you don't have to face this brightness issue again. However, if it's a hardware issue, you may go to a repair shop and find the exact problem with your phone.
Fixing iPhone Display Brightness Issue via iMyFone Fixppo Software.
If you want the fastest solution to your brightness issue, use a third-party software called iMyFone Fixppo. That amazing software package provides the simplest solution to this annoying problem.
Key Features of iMyFone Fixppo
- If we talk about the features of this software:
- You can rest your device without passwords with the help of just one- click.
- It allows you to enter/exit recovery mode freely.
- You can remove the bugs and solve different IOS problems with this software.
- It provides you with an easy way to restore the default version of your iOS without the risk of losing data.
Steps to Use iMyFone Fixppo to Fix iPhone Brightness Issues
1) First, you have to install this software on your computer, and from the main interface, you have to select Standard Mode among the available options. After that, you connect the iPhone to the computer via USB.
2) In the second step, you must download the firmware and click the Download button on the screen.
3) When the downloading process is complete, restart your iPhone, and your screen will start working normally.
You no longer have to adjust your iPhone's Brightness repeatedly. iMyFone Fixppo has given you a hassle-free way to adjust your iPhone's Brightness.
8 Ways to Solve the iPhone Brightness Issue Manually
As we told you earlier that there are many manual ways with the help of which you can solve the brightness issue of your iPhone. So below we have told you all the possible ways. They do not require much technical knowledge, so you can use them easily by following the given steps.
- Adjusting the Night Shift Feature
- Adjusting Attention-Aware Feature
- Adjust the True Tone Feature
- Adjust the Auto-Lock Feature
- Turn Off Low Power Mode
- Avoid Heating Your iPhone
- Disable Auto-Brightness Feature
- Adjusting White Point Feature
1. Adjusting the Night Shift Feature
You may have noticed that your brightness level increases or decreases every time you use the phone at night or in the dark. One of the reasons for this could be that you need to adjust your Night Shift feature properly. It will automatically change your brightness level depending on the temperature.
- First of all, you have to go to the settings.
- In the settings, you must select the Display & Brightness option.
- There you will see the option of the night shift, which you have to turn off.
- If you turn it off, now you can customize the color temperature and brightness as per your preference.
- Once you get done with this, save the settings. Now you do not have to adjust the Brightness of your phone frequently.
2. Adjusting Attention-Aware Feature
Another iPhone feature called Attention-Aware Feature can cause constant fluctuation in the phone's brightness. The purpose of this feature is to save your phone's battery. When you are not using your phone, it dims your phone's brightness. Sometimes it doesn't work properly and lowers your phone's Brightness even when working on the screen.
- If you turn off this feature, it may solve your problem. For this, you have to go to the settings of your iPhone and click on Accessibility.
- There you have to click on Face ID & Attention.
- You will find the option of “Attention-Aware Features"; you have to turn it off, and that's it.
Once you turn off this feature, it will not increase or decrease your Brightness repeatedly. You only need to set your Brightness once, which will remain stable.
3. Adjust the True Tone Feature
Another way is to turn off the True Tone feature on your iPhone. This feature also adjusts the Brightness and color of the basis of your surroundings.
- To turn it off, first, go to your phone's settings.
- When you go to settings and scroll down, you will see the Display & Brightness option. Click on it.
- There you will find the True Tone option. You have to Turn it off.
4. Adjust the Auto-Lock Feature
If the problem remains there even after using the above methods, then you can use this method. This Auto-Lock feature is a security feature. The iPhone automatically locks your screen if it notices any suspicious activity. This feature is mostly used for security and saves your battery power.
- To turn off this feature, you have to go to the settings of your iPhone and select Display & Brightness.
- If you scroll down, you will see the auto-lock option, turn off the auto-lock option, and after that, save all your settings.
- Once you've performed this step, you only need to adjust your Brightness manually, and it will remain stable no matter what conditions you use it in.
5. Turn Off Low Power Mode
You must have noticed that whenever your iPhone battery is at 20 or 10 percent, it gives you a message asking you to turn on your low-power mode. Low power mode saves your battery by dimming the Brightness. If your low power mode stays on for a long time, it may fluctuate your Brightness again and again.
- You go to the settings of your iPhone and select "Battery."
- You will find the low-power mode option; turn it off there.
Note: Once you turn off your low-power mode, your brightness issues will be solved, but your battery may start to drain quickly. So you can take some other measures:
- Try turning off your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location services whenever you're not using them.
- Clear any apps you're not using from the history and exit them.
- Avoid using high-performance apps.
- Keep your iPhone cool so that heat doesn't kill your battery.
6. Avoid Heating Your iPhone
If you have tried all the above methods, the problem remains. That means the device is showing this problem due to overheating. You can take some precautions or follow the given steps to avoid this.
- First, touch the backside of your phone and see if it is heating up.
- If it is, try to remove your phone case.
- Moreover, clear all the background apps and wait some time to cool down the device.
- Once done with the above process, check your battery health by going to settings.
- If your battery health is not showing there, that means your battery is damaged, and you need to exchange your battery.
If your phone cools down after the above steps, you must avoid using specific apps that cause your phone to overheat. Overheating will cause flickering issues in brightness and affect your long-term battery life.
7. Disable Auto-Brightness Feature
An auto-brightness feature adjusts the Brightness of your screen based on your surroundings. It detects the light around you with the help of a photosensitive sensor and adjusts the screen's brightness accordingly. However, it can also be the reason behind your iPhone's on-and-off brightness fluctuation.
- If you turn off this feature, this issue may get solved. To turn it off, you will have to go to the settings.
- There you will have to click on the accessibility feature.
- If you scroll down, you will see the option of auto-brightness. Click it and turn it off.
- After that, restart your iPhone.
Hope after all this, you will get rid of the unexpected brightness-changing issue of the iPhone. But if your problem is unresolved, you must take it to a repair shop.
8. Adjusting White Point Feature
The iPhone has a feature called White Point that lets you adjust and stabilize the Brightness of your screen.
Reduce White Point in iOS 13 & Later.
- If your phone is running iOS 13 or later software upgrade, you must go to your settings to adjust the white point feature.
- In the setting, go down to Accessibility and click on Display & Text Size. There you will get the white point option with an adjustable slider.
- Adjust this slider up to twenty-five percent or according to your desired percentage to fix this issue.
Reduce White Point in Older iOS Versions.
If you have an older version of iOS, for example, iOS 12 or below, you must follow these steps first.
- First, you must go to general by clicking on settings.
- Scroll down in general to get the option of Accessibility.
- There you will tap on the display accommodation.
- Next, you must adjust the white point slider to 25 or your desired percentage. Hopefully, it will solve your problem.
Simplest Ways to Solve the Unexpected Change in iPhone's Brightness
1. Restart Device:
When your iPhone software runs into errors, it may lead to a dimming screen. In such cases, Restarting your iPhone is one of the easiest and most common ways to fix this issue. Here's what you need to do:
- Press and hold the side button on your iPhone until the power off slider appears.
- Slide the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then switch on your iPhone by pressing and holding the side button again.
2. Update iOS:
An outdated iOS version may cause several bugs to lead to unstable screen brightness. It's essential to check if there is an available software update and update your iPhone in this way:
- Go to Settings > Software Update.
- If a software update is available, you can see a notification.
- Tap Download and Install.
3. Reset iPhone:
If your iPhone brightness changes due to some content or settings causing problems, resetting your iPhone might solve this issue. However, resetting your iPhone will delete all your data, so back up before taking this step.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
4. Repair iPhone:
If none of the above methods work, your iPhone may have hardware issues. In such scenarios, the best option is to visit a nearby Apple Store for professional repairs.
Buy the Best Refurbished iPhones from Roobotech in Australia
Roobotech is a top-notch brand in Australia that delivers refurbished iPhones. We have all the latest collections available at the lowest prices. Our excellent customer support completely satisfies our buyers. Also, we make sure to ship your parcel as soon as possible. So if you want to put your hands on the latest collection of refurbished iPhone 14 series or the old but high-end iPhone 6 series, then Roobotech is the perfect place. Shop your favorite iPhone today!
In this blog post, we have told you all the tricks and solutions with the help of which you can solve the screen brightness issue instantly. Follow the given steps and enjoy an uninterrupted experience while using your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does our iPhone screen repeatedly dim, even with auto brightness mode off?
Some default security features are enabled by default in your iPhones.
Sometimes, your screen brightness will fluctuate even if you set the auto brightness or low power mode off. One of the major reasons may be that your phone is overheating. That is why it automatically lowers the brightness of the phone. So it is better to cool down your phone to eliminate this issue.
How can I prevent my iPhone from dimming?
Apple suggests enabling Auto-Brightness as it assists in conserving battery life. To turn off this feature, navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text. Then, tap the toggle button next to "Auto-Brightness" to turn it off.
Why does the screen dim when set to maximum brightness?
If your display is not damaged, the power-saving mode is the most common reason for a consistently dimmed screen. When your iPhone's battery is nearly dying, it can automatically turn off certain background operations and optimize the display settings to conserve power.