Don't worry if you often need to sign, scan, and send files or documents but don't have an all-in-one printer. You can easily utilize the built-in document scanner feature on your iPhone or iPad. The built-in scanner feature in the Notes app on your iOS device can help you save time and effort compared to manually taking a picture and cropping it. Many iPhone users are still unaware of this function, even though it has been there since iOS 11 was released in 2017. This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on finding and utilizing the scanner, as well as valuable tips to maximizing the potential of this useful feature.
How to Scan Documents on iPhone?
You can find the document scanner in the Notes app on your iPhone. With just a few taps, you can easily scan a document and then mark it up, convert it to PDF, and share it with another app.
- Open your Notes app on your iPhone.
- Now, you have to add a document by either creating a new note or selecting an existing one.
- To take a photo, tap the camera button located above the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Scan Documents."
- Align the document that you have to scan.
- If your scanner doesn't automatically scan the document, tap the shutter button. Please follow these steps for each document you want to scan.
- Once you have scanned all the necessary pages, tap the Save button. The button keeps count of the pages you have scanned.
The scanned pages will appear in a new note in the Notes app. You can also include any additional text or images as needed. The scanner in the Notes app is great because it functions just like a regular note, so you'll already be familiar with how to use it.
Check Out: How to Screen Record on an iPhone in 2023
Signing a Scanned Document
- Open your Notes app and click on the document within the note on which you want to sign.
- Click on the Share button, and then select Markup.
- To add a signature, tap the Add button and then select Signature. From there, you can either choose a saved signature or create a new one.
- Next, you have the option to resize the signature box and position it anywhere on the document that you prefer.
- Click on the "Done" button.
You can manually sign your document by following steps 1 and 2. Then, choose a tool for signing your document by using your finger or an Apple Pencil (compatible with iPad) to sign the document.
Check Out: How To Extend Ring Time On iPhone?
Mark up a Scanned Document on the iPhone.
After scanning a document, you have the option to utilize the various built-in markup tools available in the Notes app to make annotations. Using the markup tools, you can handwrite, highlight, cut out, and move sections seamlessly and effortlessly, similar to the magic rope technique. Additionally, you can also incorporate a shape, text box, or arrows to enhance your document. Signing documents used to be a challenging task, but now you can easily add your Signature and other stuff directly within the Notes app.
- Once you have scanned the document, you have to save it in your note.
- To share the content, please click on the share button which can be found in the top-right corner.
- Apply Markup. To access this option, you should scroll through the action menu.
- Select the tool you wish to apply by tapping on it.
- If you want to change the color that your selected tool will use, tap on the color picker.
- If you would like to include a signature, text box, magnifier, or shape in your document, tap on the "+" symbol.
- Please mark up your document and tap Done once you're completed.
- The changes to the Markup will now be saved.
Saving a Scanned Document as a PDF
Earlier, you had to convert your scanned documents to PDF manually, but now, with the introduction of iOS 16, the Notes app has been updated. Now, the notes app automatically performs this task to convert the scanned document into PDFs. The easiest way to stay organized with these documents is by saving the PDFs in the Files app. Here are the steps to do it.
- Please tap on your scanned document.
- Select ‘Share button’, located in the top-right corner.
- Select the app where you wish to save your PDF file. And that's it!
Sharing a Scanned Document on an iPhone
Do you need to share your scanned document with a family member, friend, or colleague? You can easily share it using the Notes app.
- Select your scanned document.
- Click the "Share" button on the screen.
- Select the application through which you want to share the note.
- Send the PDF file, and you are good to go!
Deleting a Scanned Document on an iPhone
If you have mistakenly scanned a document twice or if you wish to rescan a saved document, you can easily delete one scan without having to delete the entire document.
- Select the scanned document.
- Select the "Trash" located in the bottom-right corner.
- Delete the scan by tapping on it.
You will delete only the specific scanned page that you have selected. You can delete the note to delete the whole document.
Get Refurbished Smartphones From Roobotech in Australia
If you want to find the perfect refurbished iPhone, Roobotech in Australia is the best place to visit. They offer a wide selection of options to accommodate different budgets and preferences. The fact that it's refurbished doesn't make it any less valuable or worthy of your time and money.
Roobotech is known for their strong dedication to providing high-quality products and services. Each refurbished smartphone undergoes a thorough testing process to ensure it meets the highest standards. Furthermore, they take pride in their team of talented professionals who work carefully to restore each device, making sure it is updated with the latest mobile technology advancements.
Roobotech has a wide range of refurbished smartphones available, including flagship models like the iPhone 15 series, Galaxy S23 Ultra, and Google Pixel 7 Pro. No matter which model you're looking for, Roobotech has a variety of options that will meet your needs.
Roobotech offers affordable prices and also includes a 6-12 month warranty for their refurbished devices. That shows their commitment to maintaining high-quality products and providing exceptional customer service. If something goes wrong, then you can contact them and get your problem solved. Enjoy purchasing from Roobotech!
Finally, scanning documents on an iPhone is a simple way to save time and effort when organizing your documents. You can use the Notes app to easily take pictures of paper documents and turn them into digital copies with just a few taps. The app can scan documents and make it simple to change the color, contrast, and brightness. This tool helps you create easy-to-read copies that are clear and straightforward. Once you've scanned your documents, you can save them on your iPhone or well-known cloud services like iCloud. This tool is great for keeping your digital life organized and making document management easier, even when you're not at your desk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the scan tool on my iPhone?
The scan tool on your iPhone can be found in the Notes app on both your iPhone and iPad.
Can I scan with my iPhone's camera?
Absolutely! To scan your documents using your iPhone's camera, open the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad. Then, create a new note and tap on the camera icon.