Samsung Tablets are widely used and highly sought after. Although tablets generally offer a pleasant user experience, there may be situations where you need to reset your device to its factory settings due to certain issues. By taking this action, you can address issues such as the system becoming unresponsive, shutting down unexpectedly, or running slowly. Here, we will guide you on how to reset your Samsung tablet to its factory settings. Follow our detailed guide and restore your tablet to its original functionality!
Things To Do Before Factory Resetting Your Samsung Tablet
As we told you before, if you are having problems with your Samsung tablet, like it being slow, freezing often, or crashing, it is a good idea to consider performing a factory reset. Performing a factory reset can effectively resolve any issues you're experiencing. Still, it will erase all data stored on your tablet. That data may include your contacts, photos, videos, music, and other files. It is important to create copies of your important files before beginning the factory reset process. You have multiple options for backing up your data. You can use Google Drive or Samsung Cloud or transfer your files to an external storage device. That's how you can save all your data before performing a factory reset!
Check Out: How to Hide Apps on Android?
Perform a Factory Reset
There are two methods to reset a Samsung tablet to its factory settings - using the settings menu or using external buttons.
Method 1: Factory Reset via Settings Menu
- To factory reset your Samsung tablet, first, you have to open the Settings located on your home screen.
- Next, you need to scroll down and choose the option labeled "General management."
- Select the "Reset" option by tapping on it.
- Choose the option "Factory data reset."
- Take a look at the information displayed on the screen, and then tap on the "Reset" option to continue.
- If asked, enter your device's PIN, password, or pattern.
- Select the option "Delete all" to confirm that you want to reset the device to its original settings.
- Lastly, your tablet will restart and begin the initial setup procedure.
Method 2: Factory Reset via External Buttons (Use it when you do not know about the phone's password)
- First, you have to turn off your tablet.
- Hold down both the power button and the Volume down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Let go of both buttons once the Samsung logo is displayed on the screen.
- Use the Volume buttons to move around the Android recovery screen. Press the Power button to select "Wipe data/factory reset.
- Please choose the option for resetting the device to its original factory settings.
- Allow the factory reset process to finish.
- Choose the option that says "Reboot system now.
- Allow your tablet to restart and finish the initial setup.
Note: Please refer to the user manual or reach out to Samsung support if the above steps do not work.
Check Out: How to Connect AirPods to Android?
Other Ways to Reset Settings on Your Samsung Tablet
If you don't want to perform a factory reset on your device, you also have the option to do a simple reset. Below, we have mentioned some other common ways to reset your devices:
1) Simple Reset Samsung Tablet Over Setting
If you're having problems with your Samsung tablet, like it being slow or freezing, a simple reset might fix the issue. Resetting your tablet can be done easily by accessing the Settings menu. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Samsung tablet:
- First, you need to open the Settings app.
- Next, you need to scroll down on your screen and find the option called "General management." Once you locate it, tap on it.
- Select the "Reset" option.
- Select the option labeled "Reset settings."
- Input your password or PIN if you are asked to do so
- Tap the option to reset the settings once more to confirm your choice.
Please be aware that resetting your tablet will delete all of your custom settings. Also, make sure to create copies of any important files before you continue. Once the reset is finished, you can retrieve your data from the backup. Resetting your Samsung tablet can be a quick and effective way to fix small technical problems. It's a simple process that anyone can easily do. If you're still experiencing problems with your tablet, it might be a good idea to reach out to a professional for help.
2) Soft Reset Your iPhone To Factory Settings
If you're experiencing difficulties with your Samsung tablet and want to restore it to its default settings, performing a soft reset to the factory settings is the recommended solution. This function is user-friendly and does not result in any loss of data on the device.
- To begin, press and keep holding the "Power" button until a menu of choices appears on the screen.
- Press and hold the button until the screen switches and different choices appear.
- After the menu pops up, choose the option labeled "Restart." Please click "OK" when the dialogue box appears to confirm your choice.
- To finish resetting, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Wait until the tablet restarts before releasing the button this time. The process might take a little while, but once it's done, the Samsung tablet will be restored to its original settings.
In summary, using this easy-to-follow guide, you can easily reset your Samsung tablet to its original factory settings. The function of a soft reset is ideal for quickly resolving any problems you may encounter with your device. By following these steps, you will be able to recover all of your data.
Roobotech: Your One-Stop Shop for Refurbished Products
If you need a trustworthy and budget-friendly option to enhance your mobile device, tablet, or smartwatch, Roobotech is an ideal choice. We have a variety of gadgets and accessories available at affordable prices. Our products are refurbished and of excellent quality, making us a reliable choice for customers. To purchase a refurbished item from Roobotech, follow these straightforward instructions:
- First, you can visit our website and choose the product you wish to purchase. We have a wide selection of refurbished products from popular brands like Apple, Samsung, Google Pixel, Huawei, Oppo, and others.
- Review the details of the product and choose the grade you want. Our products are divided into five grades, ranging from A grade (like new) to D grade (heavily used). You have the option to select the product that fits your budget and meets your needs.
- Put the item in your shopping cart and go to the checkout page. We accept various payment methods, such as credit cards, PayPal, Afterpay, Zippay, and others.
- Get your product - we provide quick and dependable delivery throughout Australia. Our products are backed by a 14-day return policy and warranty to ensure your satisfaction.
At Roobotech, we believe in the quality of our products and strive to ensure that our customers have a great shopping experience. Our website is designed to be user-friendly, allowing you to find what you need easily. If you have any inquiries or issues, our customer service team is available to help you. Come to Roobotech now and find out why we are the preferred destination for Australians looking to purchase top-notch refurbished items.
This blog post will be helpful for Samsung tablet users who are experiencing issues with their devices and want to perform a factory reset. Resetting your Samsung tablet to its factory settings can help resolve performance issues and other problems with your device. Before you reset, it's important to make a backup of your important files. By following the steps provided, you can easily and efficiently perform a factory reset on your Samsung tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I perform a factory reset on a Samsung tablet?
You can perform a factory reset on a Samsung tablet by holding down the Volume up and Power buttons for about 15 seconds until the Android Recovery screen shows up, then let go of both buttons. Press the Volume buttons to navigate through the different choices and use the Power button to confirm your selection of Data Wipe/Factory Reset. Choose the option labeled "Yes," and that's it!
Is there a way to restore a Samsung tablet A to its original settings without knowing the password?
Yes, you can restore a Samsung tablet A to its original settings without knowing the password. Hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons for a short time until the Android logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons when the logo appears. Scroll through the options using the volume buttons and choose "wipe data/factory reset" by pressing the power button.
How can I reset this tablet to its original factory settings?
Select the settings menu and select the system option. From there, go to the advanced settings and find the reset options. Reset all data to its original settings.
Once the erasing process is complete, you can proceed to set up your device and restore the data you previously backed up. If your device is unresponsive, you can try entering recovery mode on your Android. Turn off the device, and then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.